Discover the Magic of Antigua & Lake Atitlan
Hidden Gems of Guatemala
Your journey begins exploring the enchanting Spanish Colonial City of Antigua, so well-preserved and beautiful, UNESCO has named it a world heritage site. Cobblestone streets, delightfully colored homes, architectural wonders and warm, friendly people. This fascinating city is a unique blend of old world flavor and cosmopolitan energy, nestled between 3 dramatic volcanoes; Agua, Feugo & Acatenango. Your time in Antigua will be a blend of guided excursions along with an ample amount of free time for wandering the cobblestone streets, local artisan markets, leisurely lunches, galleries & dancing to the salsa beat! What could be better…just possibly our journey to magnificent Lake Atitlan..the hidden gem of Guatemala. Intoxicating beauty as we travel through the highlands to our destination on Lake Atitlan, famous for its natural beauty and colorful mayan villages surrounding the lake. It’s no wonder Aldous Huxley called it the “most beautiful lake in the world”.
- Guided walking tours of Antigua’s & Lake Atitlan’s fascinating historic past
- Exceptional Galleries: La Antigua Galeria de Arte; Latin American, Caribbean & Contemporary Masters
- Tour & hands-on participation Museum of Chocolate; decadently delicious!
- Shop the vibrant local markets & specialty galleries
- Regional Cooking Class
- Hands-on class in traditional weaving of the Maya
- Coffee Plantation Tour
- Exclusive behind the scenes tour of a women’s weaving cooperative specializing in natural dyes
- Always ample time factored in for wandering