Discover The Magical Culture & Savory Cuisine of Oaxaca, Mexico on our Extraordinary Master Chef Tour
This 8 Day culinary experience is designed to offer the very best of traditional Oaxacan cuisine with 3 Private Cooking classes lead by Master Chefs. Our Chefs will take you on tours of the local markets; teach you how to shop for the best local ingredients, show you the way around a traditional Oaxacan kitchen; and share their culinary secrets and recipes with you.
Although this trip revolves around Oaxacan cuisine, you will also visit some of the most beautiful and important cultural sites of the country. You’ll see ancient tombs from before the Modern Era, the Tule Tree (one of the oldest living beings on this planet), and the beautiful hand woven rugs, textiles, and candles of Teotitlán del Valle. This inspiring cultural & culinary journey is sure to indulge your senses, create beautiful memories and allow you to wow your guests at your next dinner party!
- Class 1 – Market Tours + Cooking Lessons with Master Chef Pilar Cabrera of Casa de Los Sabores
- Class 2 – Market Tours + Cookings Lesson at Rancho Aurora with Chef Susan Trilling
- Class 3 – Market Tours + Cooking Lessons with Chef Alejandro Ruiz
- Excursions: Monte Alban and Mitla;Tule Tree
- Teotitlán del Valle – Village known for it’s colorful, hand-woven rugs, naturally-dyed textiles as well as elaborately decorated hand-made candles & paper flowers
- San Martin Tilcajete – Visit the artisan studios known for their exquiste black clay pottery
- San Bartolo Coyotepec – Visit wtiht the artisans who carve & paint the bright whimsical animals known as ” alebrijes”
- Zaachila – Explore this historic town’s archaeological site
- Cuilápam de Guerrero – Home to one of the most beautiful and original buildings constructed by the Dominican friars in the XVI century